Every one of us in the weight loss aspirant tribe needs this creamy no mayo Avocado Egg Salad in our life right now, Coz it’s summer and officially we should be out of the kitchens and spend more time in the gardens, pools and porches sipping drinks? No?
I love this recipe for no mayo avocado egg salads calls only 5 minutes of your time to make any meal throughout the day.
It has got the natural creamy fat goodness of avocado and the protein kick from boiled eggs. We are using no store-bought mayos here and instead replaced with a healthy protein-rich Quark.
What are the ingredients required?
As you can see below, all we need is
- Avocados – don’t get scared of the fats, this is really a good fat and all you need is to follow a portion control
- Eggs – just plain boiled eggs.
- Quark – this is a kind of cheese and kind of thick greek yoghurt but it’s not very sour. You can get this in different fruit flavours but I stick to plain for obv reasons. This can be Avery good option to make any salad dressing healthy by eliminating the unwanted sugars and fats like you find in mayo
- Salt n pepper
- Lime juice(not seen in the picture as I forgot during the shoot)
- Optional wholemeal rolls or bread to stuff in the salad.
- Fresh herbs – Ideally dill but hey am not a perfectionist so I have made use of tender coriander leaves from our very own homegrown plant.(you can see below)
What are alternatives for quark or other ways to avoid mayo?
Use greek yoghurt or blended cream cheese seasoned with some salt and pepper as required. If you can’t get greek yoghurt in your place, just string the normal yoghurt in a muslin cloth and leave for 3 to 4 hours.
How to Serve this creamy no mayo avocado egg salad?
- Stuff the avocado egg salad in a brown roll – you have the healthiest quickest breakfast ready or why not have a no mayo avocado salad toast with some chia seeds sprinkled on it?
- Make a quick avocado egg salad sandwich – Stuff this in between two slices of brown bread or in wholemeal chapati or wrap topped with some cucumbers, tomatoes and any veggies you like basically with a kick of jalapenos and additional spices like chilli flakes – your lunch is ready.
- Want to eat early and go no-carb for dinner? Right just eat this straight away from the bowl and call it a day. My baby is that versatile, how on earth anybody hates avocado?
Why is avocado egg salad with no mayo ideal for weight loss or to maintain a healthy lifestyle?
Firstly we all need good fats and proteins in order to burn that stubborn fat in our bodies. How we want to consume that fat is our choice and I choose to spend wisely on good fats like nuts and avocado for example.
This hasn’t got any additional oils or deep-fried ingredients.
Traditional high fats/sugar loaded mayo is replaced with a protein-rich quark.
No additional oils needed to make the salad ‘tasty’, we have the mighty lime juice that’s enough.
What diets suit this healthy avocado egg salad?
This egg salad is suitable for vegetarians and anyone who wants to work on losing weight. The calorie information will be given in the recipe as a general guideline and information.
How to make the quick creamy no mayo avocado egg salad?
Honestly, this post is only to highlight the simple ways to make any meal lighter by choosing wise ingredients. No big recipe except to mix all together in a bowl and dig in straight away.
Serve the salad on toasted rolls, sandwiches with additional crunchy vegetables.
And one other reason I like this is the time it takes to give us a delicious full meal at any time of the day.
Check out the video recipe for a creamy avocado salad that you can make in less than 5 min!
If you make this recipe please consider leaving a rating and good feedback will encourage me to produce more content. also tag me on Instagram @fatrainbowgirl so I know who you are 🙂Print
A creamy no mayo avocado egg salad perfect for weight loss diet. Stuff it inside a wholemeal roll or use as sandwich filler for a quick healthy meal. No excuse for eating good food at home!
- ⅓ Avocado
- 2 Boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp quark
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- fresh herbs like dill or tender coriander
- lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- I kept the boiled egg in big chunks as I like it this way.
- You can top it with optional chilli flakes and any other dried spices but it tastes good this way!
- Serve inside a taste wholemeal roll or use as a sandwich filler with additional vegetables
Replace eggs with boiled pulses like chickpeas, kidney beans etc
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: avocado, egg, salad