Warm and juicy honey roasted plums dipped in cottage cheese could win your heart at dessert time, try this low-calorie fruity dessert if you are looking to lose weight and have an extreme sweet tooth! Can be made in under 30 minutes!
It’s rare that desserts will help you lose weight but these low-calorie honey roasted plums with cottage cheese are an exception. Juicy plums roasted with browned butter and drizzled with honey….Ummm…you gotta try this!! Unbelievable.
Even if you don’t like fruits! trust me, trust meeeeeee!
No longer I’m making my plums sit on the table for weeks and weeks and make them sad.
Let’s take our weight loss game to another level this autumn.
Why you will love this recipe?
✅ Instant Pot Vegetable barley soup is a one-pot meal, no mess, no spluttering, nothing. Now, who wouldn’t love one meal on busy days?
✅ Full of nutrients from vegetables and use whole grains like barley.
✅ A great low-calorie winter warmer and the soup is not filled with sneaky high-calorie creams.
✅ A filling meal ready in less than 60 minutes for the whole family with minimal effort.
And barley is very inexpensive, this barley soup is perfect for weight loss too with minimal use of fats.
Plums for weight loss
Stone fruits like plums are low-GI, low-calorie, and rich in nutrients like vitamins C and A — which make them great for people trying to lose weight.
two small plums (120 grams) have just 60 calories (1Trusted Source).
Compared to high calories snack foods like chips or cookies made of refined flours and hydrogenated oils, stone fruits are a more nutrient-dense, filling option.
Cottage Cheese for weight loss
cottage cheese is high in many nutrients, including protein, B vitamins, and minerals like calcium, selenium, and phosphorus. If you’re looking to lose weight or build muscle, cottage cheese is among the most beneficial low-calorie foods you can eat. It is incredibly inexpensive, naturally low in fat and high in protein, to me, it’s a dream food for weight loss!
WEIGHT LOSS Stone fruits like plums, peaches, nectarines make a low-calorie, seasonal snack and dessert. They are good alternative sugary desserts, chips, cookies, or other junk foods. Cottage cheese is naturally low in fat and high in protein. a good alternative to creams and cheese varieties.
- Plums – choose the ripest plums to get all the sweet flavours. Unripe plums takes longer and are slightly sour but still tasty.
- Butter – takes the roasted plusm to another level . a small amount wouldn’t hurt your waist.
- Honey – is optional but adds great taste.
- Brown Sugar – it caramelises the outer layer of plums so so well and you wouldn’t want to miss it.
- Nuts – I used pistachios , flaked almonds, chopped walnuts work fine too.
- Cottage Cheese – this is a must to serve with roasted plums. Low-fat or normal . You can also use thick greek yogurt or cream cheese perhaps, but anything after my cottage cheese.
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
Wash the plums thoroughly in running water and pat dry them.
Carefully, cut the plum into halves and remove the pit from the centre.
Arrange the halved plums on a baking tray lined with perchment paper.
Rub butter on the top and sprinkle brown sugar.
Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes by flipping the plums halfway.
Serve with a drizzle of honey and garnish with few chopped pistachios. and don’t forget cottage cheese on the side.
Like all warm desserts, honey roasted plums taste best with a thick scoop of ice cream, you think! only until you eat with cottage cheese 🙂 this makes this dessert so rich yet so low in calories. Who is waiting for more cottage cheese recipes for weight loss here 😀
Another low-calorie option could be serving with low-fat custard or cream cheese.
I suppose you could also try this with apricots, peaches and apples. Go wild and be experimental in your kitchens!
I have stored the leftovers in my fridge for a day and warmed them using my instant pot, they still tasted delicious. You can also freeze the roasted plums for up to a month and I wouldn’t prefer personally!
Recipe Tips & FAQ
Pick up ripe juicy plums which give the best tasting roasted plums.
Make sure you have a collecting tray under the baking tray as plums tend to ooze out lots of juices while getting baked. and they do stain very thick.
You can also subscribe to Fat Rainbow so that you never miss any new updates and also get free healthy snacks e-book. If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your photos #FATRAINBOWCOOKS on INSTAGRAM
Try my other low-calorie desserts made with fresh fruits and vegetables.
refined sugar-free butternut squash cake
Roasted Plums with Cottage Cheese
- 6 plums
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey optional to drizzle
- 4 pistachios halved or crushed
- ½ cup cottage cheese low fat
- Pre-heat the oven 200°C for 15 minutes.
- Wash the plums thoroughly in running water and pat dry them.
- Carefully, cut the plum into halves and remove the pit from the centre.
- Arrange the plum halves on a parchment paper-lined on a baking tray
- Rub butter on the top and sprinkle brown sugar.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes by flipping the plums halfway.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey and garnish with few chopped pistachios with a cup of low-fat cottage cheese.
- Pick ripe juicy plums which give the best tasting roasted plums.
- Make sure you have a collecting tray under the baking tray as plums tend to ooze out lots of juices while getting baked. and they do stain very thick.
- Can also use apricots, apples, peaches in place of plums.
- Greek yoghurt can also be used in place of cottage cheese.