We are food-obsessed, we love to eat snacks even right after a huge meal or during late-night Netflixing. Here am bringing you the healthiest and crispy baked sweet potato chips to rescue your hanging weight loss plans. We are not giving up, we are prepared to face these snack attacks, my friends!
I always lose my weight loss game on any day when it comes to snacking. I get tempted easily to store-bought crisps. little fellows like these crispy baked sweet potato chips are the best for people like me who just cannot stop finishing the whole six packets of the jumbo packs that we get in supermarkets. These baked sweet potato chips are crispy and equally good as store-bought in terms of crunch as well as taste. Very easy to make at home so why bother about buying excess sodium and fat loads chips? We need to keep looking for opportunities to cut back the fat and calories from our diets for weight loss so these healthy baked sweet potato chips are a wise choice. I also have a healthy baked masala french fries if you are white potato lovers.
How are these sweet potato chips helpful for weight loss?
These are baked and not deep-fried, you get mostly fried versions in the store(with more than gms of fat per serving)
Am using a cooking spray even so the amount of calories per spray is very less(as low as 1 cal)
I make them fresh when I have cravings so my portions are always controlled.
How many calories are in these crispy baked sweet potato chips?
Each portion contains brought 170 calories and less than a gram of fat as we are using cooking spray. Store-bought version sweet potato chips contain 8 to 10 gms per single-serving pack, Imagine the calorie savings?
How to store/freeze the baked sweet potato chips?
I recommend baking them fresh or in small quantities but you can store them perfectly until 3 days in an airtight container.
Also, the cut and seasoned chips can be frozen so it will be easy for you to bake when needed. They can be frozen in zip lock bags for a month from my experience.
How to serve baked sweet potato chips?
Honestly, they are good to have on their own but if you fancy some, go for
- plain cottage cheese
- yoghurt sprinkled with salt pepper and chilli powder
- lemon and coriander dip(simply blend cottage cheese, coriander with salt and pepper)
These are completely vegan and gluten-free if you skip the dips, so these crispy baked sweet potato fries are suitable for all kinds of diets. I always end up eating more of these so I personally make very small batches to protect my weight loss and fitness goals. Anything healthy ain excess amounts can also be the greatest blocker for your weight loss.
How to make crispy baked sweet potato chips?
- If you prefer to keep the skin on, wash the sweet potatoes well under cold running water to remove any dirt. root vegetables have lots of first and it’s essential we wash them well to remove it.
- Now the crispiness depends on how thinly you slice the potatoes. Use a sharp big knife or a slicer to cut them very thin.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the cut chips. You could use one single spray to line the baking paper even before placing the chips but I use as less as possible.
- Spray with cooking oil and sprinkle salt, chilli powder. Mix well with your hands (the best)or a spatula.
- Spread them evenly across the pan so they are not too much crowded. One of the reasons why chips turn soft and mashy is leaving very less space in between them or making them too much crowded, its essential you line them evenly not sticking to each other. Spray oil again.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven for roughly 12-14 min by checking in between.I delayed 2 minutes and ended up burning a few of mine so take care not to leave for too long
- Allow the baked chips to cool down as they will be soft when you take out. Enjoy crispy baked sweet potato chips with a dip if you prefer or they are usually good on their own!
If you ever make this recipe please don’t forget to tag me on Instagram at fatrainbowgirl
Bye for now,
Subscribe to my Youtube channel here at Fat Rainbow for the detailed video recipe.
Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
Healthy crispy baked sweet potato chips that are mildly spiced and perfect as a low-calorie snack and alternate to fried store-bought chips.
3 Sweet Potatoes
pinch of salt
pinch of chilli powder
- Wash the sweet potatoes well under cold running water to remove any dirt if leaving the skin on,
- Slice them very thin to get crispiness.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the cut chips.
- Spray with cooking oil and sprinkle salt, chilli powder. Mix well with your hands (the best).
- Spread them evenly across the pan so they are not too much crowded. Spray oil again.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven for roughly 12-14 min by checking in between.
- Allow the baked chips to cool down as they will be soft when you take out. Enjoy crispy baked sweet potato chips with a dip if you prefer.
- Video recipe for healthy crispy sweet potato chips
Crispness depends on how thin the potatoes are sliced.
Use olive oil cooking spray for best taste but anything should be ok.
Don’t forget to check in between as these can be easily burnt off.
So healthy….. I am going to try it soon Siri.
Thanks Madhu. Welcome 🙂