Healthy crispy baked sweet potato chips that are mildly spiced and perfect as a low-calorie snack and alternate to fried store-bought chips.
3 Sweet Potatoes
pinch of salt
pinch of chilli powder
- Wash the sweet potatoes well under cold running water to remove any dirt if leaving the skin on,
- Slice them very thin to get crispiness.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the cut chips.
- Spray with cooking oil and sprinkle salt, chilli powder. Mix well with your hands (the best).
- Spread them evenly across the pan so they are not too much crowded. Spray oil again.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven for roughly 12-14 min by checking in between.
- Allow the baked chips to cool down as they will be soft when you take out. Enjoy crispy baked sweet potato chips with a dip if you prefer.
- Video recipe for healthy crispy sweet potato chips
Crispness depends on how thin the potatoes are sliced.
Use olive oil cooking spray for best taste but anything should be ok.
Don’t forget to check in between as these can be easily burnt off.