Chocolate French Toast is a sweet indulgent dessert type breakfast that is completely slimming friendly and perfect for weight loss goals. Serve with berries or banana.
- 2 24g Wholemeal bread(from 400g loaf)
- 1 fresh egg
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1.5 tbsp granulated sweetener
- a pinch of cinnamon powder
- low-calorie cooking oil spray( ideally butter flavoured)
- In a plate, crack open an egg and add in cocoa powder, sweetener and ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Place each slice in the mixture and allow it to soak up the flavours for a minute or so. Repeat on both sides.
- Heat a pan and spray with cooking oil. Toast the coated bread slices for a minute or 2 on both sides until the crust turns crisp and golden brown.
- Sprinkle some sweetener and serve with fresh fruits.
Don’t soak the bread for too long as it will get soggy and difficult to handle.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: chocolate, French, egg