Weetabix apple muffins are light healthy muffins studded with juicy apples and made with wholegrain Weetabix biscuits and less flour. Serve for breakfast or as a snack.
- 75 grams white flour(roughly less than 3/4 cup)
- 2 Weetabix cereal biscuits
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple chopped
- 1/4 cup sweetener
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup semi-skimmed milk
- Lemon zest
- OVEN PREP Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners or grease with few drops of oil before starting the recipe. Preheat the oven to its maximum temperature.
- bATTER PREP Crack open eggs in a bowl and add the sweetener.
- Using an electric whisker, whisk the eggs and sweetener until pale and fluffy which should take roughly 5 minutes.
- Add flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients well until all are combined into a batter using an electric mixer preferably.
- Add crumbled Weetabix biscuits, lemon zest if using and rest for 5 minutes before mixing well with a spatula.
- Add in chopped apples and mix well. The muffin batter is now ready to get baked.
- FILLING MUFFIN TRAY Using a scoop or spoon, fill the batter up to 3/4 of the muffin liners.
- BAKE them in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Cfor 30-35 minute by checking in between.
- Allow them to cool down and serve for breakfast or tea time snack.
If eggs are not beaten until fluffy and pale, the muffins will not be spongy.
Adust milk quantity if the batter is very thick. start with less liquid always.
Feel free to use more chopped apple to make it more nutritious.
Use good quality cake liners as mine stuck to the muffins a bit.
Store them in a closed container at room temperature if consuming within 2 days.
- Category: Dessert,Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: apple, muffin, fall, autumn, low-calorie, snack