Slimming friendly spinach mushroom frittata is a great low carb meal with loads of protein and nutrient-rich vegetables, so easy to make and ideal for weight loss or if you are counting calories.
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp fat-free quark
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- cooking spray
- Line a glass container or a cake baking pan with low-calorie spray or with a baking paper(check video)
- Heat the low-calorie cooking spray in a non-stick pan preferably and saute mushrooms for 3-4 minutes covered.
- Add in tomatoes and spinach and season well with salt and pepper.the vegetables need not be cooked thoroughly as they are going to get baked. This whole step should take less than 10 minutes.
- Crack open eggs into a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon in quark and whisk well with a fork or whisker. Spray some oil optionally.
- Pour in some beaten egg into the baking tray and layer with some vegetables.
- Repeat the above step until egg mixture and veggies are over such that the vegetable layer is on the top. Spray some oil on the top layer.
- Bake for at least 20-25 minutes at 180C until the top forms a thin golden crust by checking in between.
- Check by inserting a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean we are done, otherwise bake for 10 more minutes.
- Allow it to cool down for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan as the frittata can break if not cooled done properly.
- Serve with any optional salad or slice it up and eat as it is!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
Keywords: frittata, eggs, quark