Healthy paneer tikka is a popular appetizer made with Indian cottage cheese and fragrant spice powders. Perfect for weight loss and any calorie counting diets.
- 150g paneer
- 1 small onion.
- 1/2 of red, yellow, green bell peppers each cubed
- 3 tbsp low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- juice of a half lemon(I haven’t used here as I ran out of lemons)
- Cut the onion into half and peel the layers one by one. Deseed the bell peppers and slice them into cubes.
- Lightly beat the yoghurt in a bowl and add in all the spices along with a pinch of salt.
- Adust yoghurt little bit as per the consistency and add in ginger garlic paste too, the coating should not be runny and slightly thick.
- Coat the paneer pieces well first and then the veggies in the leftover marinade.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the paneer pieces and veggies with sufficient gap in between.
- Spray low-calorie cooking spray on the marinated paneer and vegetables.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10 min by checking in between or until golden brown and then broil for 2 -3 min until charred.
- Serve with a homemade mint yoghurt dip or just plain yoghurt sprinkled with paprika salt and pepper along with your favourite salad
- Also, squeeze some lemon juice and my fav is eating with crunchy onion rings.
If you marinate the paneer and veggies for 1 hour the flavour comes out even nice.
the yoghurt should be ideally thick, also choose full fat or low fat according to your personal preferences.
The paneer and veggies should form a nice chargrilled layer.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: paneer cheese, paneer, indian