Peanut butter banana baked oatmeal is an easy make-ahead breakfast for weight loss or any calorie counting diets. It is ideal for meal prep and batch cooking!
- 80g Old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 bananas plus a half for serving
- 30g powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 30g quark(roughly 2–3 tbsp)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- cooking spray
- Strawberries for serving(optional)
- Preheat the oven at 200C for at least 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash the banana and mix in quark and flax meal.
- Combine all dry ingredients like oats, baking powder, peanut butter powder, cinnamon powder and add to the wet ingredients above.
- Mix well and transfer the content to an ovenproof container(i used pyrex). Press the mixture well and spray cooking oil.
- Bake it at 180C for 18-20 min by checking in between.
- Allow it to cool down before slicing and serving with additional fruit like half a banana and strawberries.
Please check the cooking times as it can depend on your device/oven and ingredients used. I always make sure to check in between irrespective of the recipe instructions.
The crust and edges should slightly become golden brown.
This recipes makes 4 squares and depending upon your hunger and how you serve this, you may need 1 or 2 squares.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Global
Keywords: oatmeal, peanut butter, banana, flaxmeal