Instant Pot Rice and Beans is an easy one-pot rice dish that can be used in different meals like salads, burritos and served with any curry.
- 1 Cup Brown Rice rinsed
- 1 Cup black beans
- 1/4 cup quinoa(optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt(optional)
- 4.5 cups of water or vegetable broth.
- Place all the ingredients in the inner pot of instant pot and pour water.
- Close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is turned to sealing mode.
- set the manual (pressure cooker) mode with the timer set to 21 minutes.
- Allow the pressure release naturally or wait for at least 10 minutes before you can release the pressure manually. For releasing manually or quick release as we call, turn the pressure valve to venting and remove the lid carefully.
- Garnish with coriander optionally and serve warm with any hearty curry or use in salads, fill in burritos etc.
This recipe is only suitable for brown rice and black beans.
Look for bean cooking times on the internet and adust the timings if you want to use any other kinds of beans.
Optionally, you can flavour the rice with diced onion, tomatoes, coming and coriander powders.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Pressure Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 64g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 9.2g
Keywords: rice, beans, instant pot, black beans, brown rice