Healthy Mexican Street Corn salad can be a great side salad or a light lunch with good fats from avocados and limited portion of extra virgin olive oil. Perfect for summer BBQ parties.
- 1 Fresh Corn on the cob or 1 cup frozen sweet corn (thawed)
- 8 Cherry tomatoes or plum tomatoes halved or chopped
- 1/2 Avocado cubed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander or cilantro or parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Rock salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- freshly squeezed juice from 1 lime
- Take lime juice, olive oil , quark into a small mixing bowl and beat well with a fork to make a dressing. then add in the spices and mix well.
- If using fresh corn cob, slightly grill it on an open gas flame carefully until lightly charred. Cut the corn off the cob and use in a salad. If using frozen, thaw it according to packet instructions.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour the dressing to give a good mix.
- Serve fresh as a side salad with any grilled protein or as a light main meal itself.
You can add chopped bell peppers too.
Parmesan can be used if feta or cotija cheese isn’t available for you.
Always use fresh lime juice for salads to increase the flavour.
If smoked paprika isn’t available to replace it with less than 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder and reduce a bit of ground pepper.
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate any left-overs, keeps good for 3 days.
The nutritional information is a rough estimate and always check the labels of your own ingredients.
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: mexican, salads, low-fat, feta,avocado