Vegan Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding is vegan, gluten-free that is ideal for a light breakfast or dessert, Very rich in fibre that keeps you full for a longer time helping your weight loss goals.
- 30 grams Chia seeds
- 200 ml unsweetened almond or oat milk.
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Vanilla essence -few drops(optional)
- Fresh or frozen berries for topping.
- In a mixing bowl, add cocoa powder and little milk along with vanilla essence to form a lump-free paste, slowly incorporate the remaining milk and mix well.
- Add in chia seeds, maple syrup and mix well with a fork ideally.
- Refrigerate overnight and allow seeds to soak up the liquid.
- Top up with fresh berries or fruit of your choice.
- Optionally add in cocoa nibs too on the top
Can you use any milk of your choice, coconut milk or dairy milk makes the pudding creamier but they are high in calories.
If you need it to be more chocolaty add additional cocoa powder and maple syrup accordingly.
Instead of cocoa, powder you can add in matcha, any fruit puree too. Mango works well.
Need to be soaked for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight. The prep time shows 5 minutes for mixing and rest time for 3 hours.
The nutrition information is a rough estimate according to the available tools on the internet. Always check your food labels for accurate information.
The colour of the pudding depends on the quality and quantity of your cocoa powder.
- Category: Breakfast,Dessert
Keywords: gluten-free, chia seeds, pudding, fiber-rich,chocolate