A hearty and healthy protein-rich borlotti bean salad studded with colourful vegetables. Can be served as a main or side salad
- 1 can Borlotti beans rinsed and drained.
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1/2 red onion chopped finely
- 5 cherry tomato quartered or halved
- 3 tablespoon chopped jalapenos
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro or coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon or few drops of extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lime(extract juice from it)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder or smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, add paprika or chilli powder, salt, pepper, cumin powder, olive oil and lemon juice, mix well and keep aside.
- Mix all other ingredients gently with a fork and pour the dressing on the top, give it a good mix and serve fresh.
- Ig desired, sprinkle crumbled feta cheese for extra protein.
- Use any types of beans in place of borlotti beans.
- You can also add vegetables like bell pepper and grated beetroot.
- Feta cheese is optional and can be ignored if serving for vegans.
- there is no measure on the vegetables, use as much as you want.
- Category: Salads
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican