A healthy and low-calorie yellow cucumber curry.Andhra style dosakaya tomato kura recipe ideal for weight loss and calorie counting diets. Can be served with rice or roti
- 1 big yellow cucumber
- 4 ripen medium tomatoes
- 1 small green chilli slit
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 spring curry leaves optional
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal(optional)
- few springs of coriander leaves chopped
- Peel the yellow cucumber and cut into small bite sized chunks. Chope the tomatoes and onion too.
- In a pan, heat oil and crackle mustard seeds, then add cumin seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Add 1 dried red chilli optionally. Saute well until nice aroma comes.
- Then add chopped onion and fry until they turn little pink with salt added.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Then add chopped tomato, yellow cucumber and mix well. Cook, it covered under low to medium flame for at least 10-15 minutes, at this point, you will see the curry thickens and nicely done.
- Add red chilli powder and mix well, adust any salt and sprinkle loads of coriander leaves.
- Cook for 5 more minutes and switch off the flame. Serve hot with rice or roti.
Do not add any water to the curry, the water released from tomatoes and cucumber is more than enough.
If you can’t tolerate much spice, skip the green chilli.
the calorie information is an estimate only.
Taste the number before adding to curry, bitter ones are not suitable for making curry.
You can add a little bit of ginger garlic paste while sauteing onions but I prefer the curry plain,
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: dosakaya, yellow cucumber, south indian