Instant Pot Millet Porridge is an easy low fat, gluten-free breakfast that can be aa great substitute for routine oat porridge.It is high in protein and can help lower blood sugar and cholesterol.
- 1/ 2 cup or 60g millet flakes
- 3/4 cup semi-skimmed dairy milk or plant-based unsweetened milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond flakes
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- In an ovenproof bowl, add millet flakes and milk mixing them well.
- Pour water in the pot that comes with instant pot and place the steel stand.
- Place the bowl of millets and milk stirring well and close the lid with the valve set properly for cooking mode.
- Set on porridge mode which will be defaulted to 4 minutes.
- Let it cook and once finished release the pressure naturally. allow the bowl to cool down and take out from the pot.
- If you notice the porridge is thick, add some more milk and stir well.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder and garnish with almond flakes and pomegranate seeds.
You can release the pressure manually if you are in a rush but make sure you take proper care handling.
Use the extra liquid or water to make the porridge suitable for your desired level of consistency.
If using plant-based milk, substitute the water milk itself.
Use any choice of your fruit for garnish, for extra taste fold in a small drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cook
- Cuisine: Global
Keywords: porridge, gluten-free, millet, vegetarian