A tasty summery vegan pesto chickpea salad loaded with so much protein and good fats from walnuts. Perfect for a light lunch or a well-packed food for a summer picnic!
- 1/2 can 3/4 Cup chickpeas
- 1 to1.5 tablespoon homemade vegan pesto
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 4 cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 2 tablespoon chopped jalapenos
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- Juice from 1/4th of a lemon
- Fresh herbs like parsley or coriander.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basically add ingredients one by one in a medium bowl except for herbs and give it a good mix.
- Then squeeze in some extra lemon juice and season with freshly ground sea salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle loads of fresh herbs.
Any kind of beans goes well in place of chickpeas.
there is absolutely no need to measure ingredients for this recipe except to have controlled portions of pesto.
Add in extra protein like spiced tofu.
the nutrition information is given without the addition of pesto, please check the pesto recipe for nutritional information.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan, Italian, chickpeas, salads, pesto, basil