a warm gooey oil-free vegan banana bread mug cake ready in less than 5 minutes. It is a healthy breakfast and dessert recipe
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter, no added sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- dark chocolate chips or chocolate pieces.
- few sprinkles of sea-salt, not to miss
- Mash the banana with a fork until mushy.
- In a bowl, take mashed banana, oat flour, vanilla, peanut butter, maple syrup and beat well to form a runny batter.
- Pour into mugs or microwave-safe bowls. Top with dark chocolate chips or chunks.
- Sprinkle sea salt and microwave on full power for 2 minutes by checking in between. See notes for timings on different textures.
- Allow it to cool down and enjoy wit a spoon.
the cooking times in microwave depends on the power of Microwave and the thickness of mug etc. So always check in between while you cook the mug cakes.
Also, this cake tastes better in any form like a pudding which can be achieved cooking for 1 minute.
for a more cakey texture, microwave for 2 minutes or more in intervals.
You can totally skip the maple syrup if the bananas are ripened enough.Can use honey also instead.
Use dark cooking chocolate as it melts nicely on the top of the cake.
Don’t skip sea salt, it is a total game-changer.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: mug cake, banana, chocolate, oats, vegan, healthy