Creamy low-fat roasted garlic tomato pasta, simple to make and ideal for post-workout meals. Can be easily batch cooked for your busy days to avoid eating outside.
300g dried Spaghetti
3 big Tomatoes chopped
2–3 garlic cloves roughly chopped
low-calorie cooking spray
1 pinch salt,
1 tsp ground pepper,
1 tbsp Italian mixed herbs
1 pinch chilli flakes
30 g cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to the packet instruction but by using cooking spray or even better without any fat(it’s manageable!), drain them and keep aside.
- In a heated pan, spray cooking oil and roast garlic until brown, then add in tomatoes and roast on low flame for good 15 -20 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Cool the mixture and blend into a sauce consistency, I like to keep the sauce a bit chunky but if you prefer can blend it smooth.
- In the same pan used above, spray oil and pour the sauce and cook it for 10 minutes or so adding in salt, pepper and Italian mixed herbs.
- Slowly cook the cause until the liquid thickens and add in pasta to mix well, Adust the spices and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes and garnish with fresh basil.
- Finish it off with a measured 20 to 30 grams cheese depending upon your daily quota. I would prefer to do it on individual portions depending upon the choice.
- Serve with any optional sides like spiced tofu or extra protein f your choice.
Alternatively, you could roast the veggies ahead of time in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Keeping roasted veggies ready in the fridge will be very handy.
Servings are calculated based on an assumption that this will be served with extra protein or side dish. If eating on its own, this only serves 2
- Category: Mains
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, healthy pasta, low fat pasta