Refined Sugar-free Apricot Chia Jam
- 8–10 Ripe Apricots
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp pure raw honey
2 tbsp pure raw Honey
- Wash the apricots well under running tap water as we are going to use the skin.
- De-seed them and chop into pieces roughly.
- Blend the fruit into a smooth paste and transfer to a hard-bottomed pan .
- Put the pan on a medium to low flame and cook until the fruit pulp starts bubbling. This may take 5 to 10 minute depending upon the pan thickness.
- Add in honey and mix well. Simmer for another 15 min or so until the fruit pulp is fully cooked.
- Just before switching off the flame, fold in chia seeds and allow the jam to cool down. The chia seeds will be well soaked in the jam and give it a jelly-like consistency.
- Store in a clean and dry glass jar with a lid preferably in the refrigerator from the day one.
- Blend them roughly or smooth according to your preference. I like my jam to be loaded with chunky fruit.
- Transfer to a pan preferably non-stick and simmer it for 15 min on low flame by stirring in between.
- Add in honey and simmer for another 10 minutes. Fold in chia seeds and allow it to cool down. You can skip them too but I like the gel like texture they add to the jam.
If you like, pulse the fruit into pulp leaving some fruit chunks
- Category: Preserves
- Cuisine: Global